The DS1 is an ultra-compact, rechargeable GPS tracking device. The light, temperature and humidity sensors set it apart from other battery powered trackers. It has been designed to track high value parcels, cargo, cash in transit, personnel, and other assets where super-long battery life is required without sacrificing the frequency of updates and performance.
- Rechargable internal battery for long-life
- Light Sensor for Tamper Detection
- Temperature & Humidity Sensors
- Small, compact & easy to conceal
- Recovery mode
The compact housing is made of sturdy ABS plastic. It clips together, requiring no screws.
Dimensions: 97 mm x 52 mm x 18 mm
Weight: 110 grams with battery pack
2500mAh 3.7V, temperature controlled charging
USB Micro 5V input, 500mA, USB cable included
10µA (micro-amps) with accelerometer on and other sensors off.
Battery Life with Adaptive-Tracking
The DS1 can be set to use Adaptive-Tracking technology where the accelerometer and GPS data are used to intelligently work out if it is moving and to send frequent updates, and to scale the update rate down to once per day if the asset is stationary – to preserve battery life.
18 months @ one position per day (at 25°C).
-20°C to +60°C (discharge only)
0°C to +45°C (temperature controlled)
Precision Relative Humidity Sensor. ±3% RH (max), 0 – 80% RH
High Accuracy Temperature Sensor. ±0.4°C (max), -10 to 85°C
DS1 housing may need modifications for responsive measurements.
On PCB with a light pipe through the housing
0.045 – 188 000 Lux
Configurable anti-tamper can report on light change
High sensitivity GPS
Supports concurrent GPS and GLONASS
72 channel high sensitivity receiver
-167dBm industry leading tracking performance
Optimal hot-start performance
AssistNow Offline aiding data for fast time-to-first-fix and performance in urban canyon environments
The DS1 uses both the GPS and GLONASS positioning systems simultaneously.
This allows the device to use twice the number of satellites to get a position fix – making it faster and more accurate.
Low Noise GPS Amplifier (LNA)
GPS signals are boosted by a special low-noise amplifier (LNA). This allows the DS1 to operate where normal units will fail to receive GPS signal
The DS1 uses a micro-SIM card holder (3FF form factor)
The DS1 can be manufactured for specific markets around the world depending on their modem requirements
Quad Band GSM/GPRS Class 10
850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
3G Modem – EU
850 / 900 / 2100
EMEA / APAC / Latin America
LTE CAT-M1 and NB-IOT currently in development
ETSI, ICASA, IEC
Internal GPS and cellular antennas tuned by the RF laboratories to ensure optimal performance.
3 axis accelerometer
The 3 axis accelerometer allows the Sting to ‘sleep’ in an ultra-low power state yet still wakeup when movement occurs.
Future firmware versions will allow for harsh G-force detection (like assets being dropped or involved in accidents)
The DS1 has sufficient memory to store over 25,000 records in its flash memory. Normally the data will be sent to the server immediately but if the device is out of range then there is sufficient space to ensure that no data is lost – for many months!
The flash memory is also used to store parameters, GPS aiding data, geo-fences and other important information that needs to be securely stored.
The DS1 can be remotely configured and updated OTA (over the air). Device management is performed from Datalink Tech’s OEM Server device management platform.
The DS1 can be remotely switched into Recovery Mode which switches the device to do live tracking and reporting – so that you can get your asset back!
Auto-APN allows the Sting to analyse the SIM card and select the correct APN details from a list that is pre-loaded in the device’s firmware. This means that the Sting can be shipped world-wide without requiring specialist setup for SIMs.
Text Message Setup
The DS1 can also be sent text messages to setup the APN, and other details.
Multi-APN for Roaming
The DS1 can be configured to roam across multiple networks and to automatically use the different APN details for the roaming networks.
The DS1 will track successfully where other devices just give up.
This fantastic technology allows the GPS to predict which satellites are in orbit above it and to dramatically reduce the time-to-first-fix of the GPS, and the overall performance of the GPS, especially in ‘urban canyon’ or forested environments.
A future firmware version will allow for harsh G-force detection (like assets being dropped or involved in accidents) and report these to the server.
Device Management – OEM Server
All Datalink Techonlogies devices are fully managed Over-The-Air (OTA) via our OEM Server web interface. The OEM Server seamlessly manages:
- Device firmware – firmware updates can be done remotely
- Network (administrator) parameters relating to critical communications
- System parameters, including GPS parameters, IO configuration, logging options and general device behaviour settings
- GPS AssistNow Offline aiding data files
- Remote debugging of devices, including being able to trace data, view detailed debug message logs, and view a live trace of the server debug messages
- Remote disconnect and reboot of devices
- Driver list downloads to devices – this allows for the Driver Identification on the device to check if the RFID tag / username / PIN is valid, and for specific drivers to be allowed to drive / operate particular vehicles, for example based on licences or permits.
- Geo-fence syncing with the devices – this allows the device to do advanced in-cab alerting and monitoring such as geo-fence arrival and departure, speed limit alerting, dangerous intersection warnings, turn on warning lights inside a geo-fence, and disable communications inside intrinsically safe zones such as gas plants.
- Provides a command and message queueing platform to the devices and is incorporated into the remote management and debugging applications