DR3 – BATTERY POWERED GPS TRACKER
Product Price: $340.00
Ultra-rugged, long-life battery-powered GPS asset tracking device and Bluetooth® Gateway featuring 10+ years of battery life and tamper detect – longest-lasting battery-powered device on the market.
GPS Units must be sold with a monthly or annual subscription plan.
Nordic nRF9160 Modem operates on all major global LTE-M and NB-IoT bands.
LTE-M (Cat-M1): B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B8, B12, B13, B14, B17, B18, B19, B20, B25, B26, B28, B66
NB-IoT (Cat-NB1/NB2): B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B8, B12, B13, B17, B19, B20, B25, B26, B28, B66
Bluetooth® 5.2 Gateway – Bluetooth 5.2 gateway reports nearby Bluetooth tags and sensors for affordable tagged asset management and sensor monitoring
SIM Size & Access – Internal Nano 4FF SIM
User-Replaceable Batteries – 2 x D Cell (3.7V per cell)
Supported Battery Types – Lithium Thionyl Chloride (LTC) *Please dispose of Lithium batteries in a safe and responsible manner
Battery Life –
Once Daily location updates – 10+ years
Movement-Based location updates – 10+ years
Hourly location updates – 10+ years
GNSS Module – Sony CXD5605
Constellation – Concurrent GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, QZSS
Tracking Sensitivity – -147 dBm cold start / -161 dBm hot start
GNSS Assistance – GNSS almanac and ephemeris data for greater sensitivity and position accuracy
Low Noise Amplifier – GPS signals are filtered and boosted by a SAW filter and low-noise amplifier (LNA) allowing operation where other units fail
Cell Tower Location – Cell tower location fallback for positioning when GPS can’t get a fix
Input Voltage – 5-16V DC
Sleep Current – <10uA* *Average current in lowest power configuration
Safety – Reverse Polarity Protection and Fuse Protection
Flexible Configuration – Configure device parameters such as position update rate, movement and accelerometer settings, and more to fit any tracking application
Device Management Platform – Manage, monitor, configure, debug, update, and restart devices remotely from our cloud-based device management system
Configuration App – Configurable with DMLink provisioning tool
Third-Party Integration – TCP Direct or HTTPS Webhook
Data Security – Military-level AES-256 Encryption from device to OEM Server to protect the integrity and confidentiality of telematics data. Data forwarded to third-party systems is sent via HTTPS for end-to-end security.
Manufacturer’s Warranty – Two-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Auto-APN – Auto-APN allows the device to analyze the SIM card and select the correct APN details from a list that is pre-loaded in the device’s firmware.
- Battery Life Monitoring – Battery Meter with “Battery Low” and “Battery Critical” alert levels.
- Geofence Alerts – The server can use device location to create geofences and alerts if an asset enters or leaves designated locations.
- Geofence Download to Device – Geofences can be downloaded directly to the device for enhanced location-based actions and alerts. Maximum of 500 Geofences with up to 100 points per geofence.
- Impact Detection – Configure impact-detection alerts when G-forces are exceeded by a user-defined threshold.
- Intelligent Power Management – Early registration abort and location scan throttling options.
- Periodic or Movement-Based Tracking – Configure parameters to send updates based on set time intervals or when movement occurs. Adaptive tracking technology detects when the device is on the move and increases the update rate, providing detail when you need it while conserving battery when stationary.
- Preventative Maintenance – Set reminders based on distance traveled and run hours to reduce maintenance and repair costs.
- Run Hour Monitoring – Capture run hours based on movement to understand and optimize asset utilization.
- Sleep Mode – Stationary devices enter sleep mode until movement occurs to conserve battery life and optimize data usage.
- Tamper Alerts – Magnetic tamper switch provides an instant alert if the device is removed from your asset.
- Theft Recovery – Switch to Recovery Mode in the case of theft or loss to activate real-time tracking for asset retrieval.
- Tip Detection & Rotation Counting – Axis angle reporting, tip detection and rotation counting (planned).
Mechanics & Design
- Dimensions – 224 x 91 x 41 mm (8.82 x 3.58 x 1.61”).
- Weight – 430g
- Housing – Ultra-Rugged IP67 Housing. Non-branded housing for optional white-labeling.
- IP Rating – IP67 rated housing ensures device can withstand fine dust, high-pressure spray, submersion for 30 mins in 1m of water, and extreme temperatures.
- Installation – Compact and concealable. Multiple installation options for covertly and easily securing the device to assets with screws, bolts, cable ties, rivets, and more. Stainless stell screws provided.
- Operating Temperature – -30°C to +60°C.
- GPS Antenna – Internal.
- Cellular Antenna – Internal.
- 3-Axis Accelerometer – 3-Axis Accelerometer to detect movement, high G-force events, and more.
- Diagnostic LED – Diagnostic LED indicates operation status
- Flash Memory -Store weeks of records if device is out of cellular coverage. Storage capacity for over 10 days of continuous 30-second logging.
- On-Board Speed and Heading – Current speed and heading is reported with each position update.
- On-Board Temperature – The device reports internal temperature which provides an indication of ambient temperature but may not always be precise.