Active and Passive RFID tags offer different benefits and have distinct roles for the purposes of tracking items. Active RFID tags are powered by battery and proactively broadcast their own signal. They have the ability to track real-time locations and typically have a much longer read range than passive tags. Passive RFID tags do not contain a battery and power is supplied by the reader to enable the tag to transmit their ID, as well as offer a more cost effective solution for larger RFID Deployments.
- Accurate record of asset locations
- Time saved looking for equipment
- Improved asset utilisation reduces need to purchase new devices
- Updates inventory records in minutes
- Safer patient environment
- Improved maintenance efficiency to support compliance
RFID solution for tracking assets in:
- All assets!
- Easy user interface for finding assets
- Historical feedback
- Asset management module
- Ability to apply ownership to assets
- User login
- Email alerts