1. We respect your privacy
- 1.1. Datalink Technologies Pty Ltd recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of our customers and other third parties who provide their personal information to us.
- 1.2. We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- 1.3. This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
- 1.4. When used in this policy, “personal information” has the meaning given to that term in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). Personal information generally includes any information that can be used to personally identify you.
2. Collection of personal information
- 2.1. Datalink Technologies Pty Ltd will, from time to time, receive and store personal information you enter onto our website, provided to us directly or given to us in other forms.
- 2.2. The personal information we collect from you is what is reasonably required for our business functions. We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
- Residential or business address;
- Email address;
- Telephone number
- If you are a candidate for employment, we may collect other information as further set out in any application forms or during the recruitment process. This may include information relating to your employment history, working eligibility rights, suitability for the role you are applying for, and your referee details.
- We may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, change your content or email preference, respond to surveys and/or promotions, provide financial or credit card information, or communicate with our customer support.
- We may also collect information from you that is not personal information because it does not identify you personally. This information is normally retained with your personal information and may include:
- List of products and services you have purchased from Datalink Technologies Pty Ltd
- After-sales information we require to deliver on our warranty promise.
- Your marketing preferences, including the type of marketing materials you wish to receive and the method of delivery (email, SMS, direct mail or other)
- 2.3. Additionally, we may also collect any other information you provide while interacting with us.
3. Purpose of collection of your personal information:
We collect your personal information for the primary purpose of to sell and promote our products to you. In addition, we collect your personal information so that we can carry out the following actions (each a purpose):
- To provide you with products and services that you have requested from us; • To communicate with you, including about products and services, special offers and new releases;
- To answer your questions and provide you with the necessary information and feedback;
- To interact with you via social media and digital marketing;
- To create orders, transaction records, agreements for the sale of products or services, accounts, tax receipts or invoices;
- Provide your personal information to third parties that assist us in providing products and services to you such as delivery service providers and fulfilment managers;
- Carry out administration, marketing, fraud and loss prevention activities, procurement, product and service development, quality control and research to improve our products and services we provide to you;
- To consider and respond to complaints made by you;
- To comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities; or
- If you are a candidate for employment, to assess your suitability for a position at Datalink Technologies Products Pty Ltd.
4. How we collect your personal information
5. Disclosure of your personal information
- 5.1. We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Personal information is only supplied to a third party when it is required for the delivery of our products and services.
- 5.2. We may from time to time need to disclose personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
- 5.3. We may also use your personal information to protect the copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety of Datalink Technologies Pty Ltd, www.datalinktech.com.au its customers or third parties.
- 5.4. Information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in or transferred between parties located in countries outside of Australia.
- 5.5. If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
6. Security of your personal information
- 6.1. Datalink Technologies Pty Ltd is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
7. Access to your personal information
- 7.1. You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). A small administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. If you would like a copy of the information, which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at email@example.com
- 7.2. We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
8. Complaints about privacy
- 8.1. If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to 2/28 Enterprise Drive Rowville VIC 3178. We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.
- 10.1. When you visit our website: When you come to our website (www.datalinktech.com.au) we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
- 10.3. Third party sites: Our site may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that Datalink Technologies Pty Ltd is not responsible for the privacy practices of other such websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal identifiable information.
Full Name: John Weaver
Date: 04th March 2021