The DO1 is a rugged, waterproof, cellular GPS tracking device for tracking non-powered, exposed assets where super long battery life is essential.
- Powered by 3 x 1.5V AA Lithium batteries (off the shelf)
- IP67 Rugged weather-proof housing
- Up to 4 years asset location on 2G or 3G network (once daily)
- Small, compact and easy to install and conceal
- Configure Over the Air (OTA)
Low-profile IP67 rugged housing
The housing screws together for easy assembly, and has 2 convenient mounting tabs. It also has ‘strap slots’ allowing the D01 to be cable tied or metal strapped to an asset. It is low-profile making it easier to mount in the corrugation on containers or concealed on the underside of a trailer, for example.
Dimensions: L 137 x W 72 x H 30mm
The D01 uses 3 x “AA” size 1.5V Lithium batteries which provide a balance between size and capacity
The D01 Cellular must be fitted with off-the-shelf 1.5V Lithium batteries. These are readily available from retail outlets, for example Energizer Ultimate Lithium.
10uA (micro amps)
Battery Life with Adaptive-Tracking
The D01 can be set to use Adaptive-Tracking technology where the accelerometer and GPS data are used to intelligently work out if it is moving and to send frequent updates, and to scale the update rate down to once per day if the asset is stationary – to preserve battery life.
4 years @ one position per day (at 25°C).
-20°C to +60°C
For operation in extreme temperatures, the D01 must be fitted with Lithium batteries. Batteries are affected by temperature extremes and typical performance is dependent on temperature.
High sensitivity GPS
- Supports concurrent GPS and GLONASS
- 72 channel high sensitivity receiver
- -167dBm industry leading tracking performance
- Optimal hot-start performance.
- AssistNow Offline aiding data for fast time-to-first-fix and performance in urban canyon environments
The D01 uses both the GPS and GLONASS positioning systems simultaneously. This allows the device to use twice the number of satellites to get a position fix – making it faster and more accurate.
Low Noise GPS Amplifier (LNA)
GPS signals are boosted by a special low-noise amplifier (LNA). This allows the D01 to operate where normal units will fail to receive GPS signal – like in a container stack!
The D01 Cellular can be manufactured for specific markets around the world depending on their modem requirements:
Quad Band GSM/GPRS Class 10
850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
3G Modem – EU:
850 / 900 / 2100
EMEA / APAC / Latin America
3G Modem – NA:
850 / 1900 / AWS
North America (AT&T)
LTE-CAT1, CATM and NB-IOT currently in development.
Enquire for other bands and LTE / 4G options
CE, FCC, PTCRB, Canada, RCM, ICASA
Internal GPS and Cellular RF antennas tuned by the RF laboratories to ensure optimal performance.
3 Axis Accelerometer
The 3-axis accelerometer allows the D01 to ‘sleep’ in an ultra-low power state yet still wakeup when movement occurs.
Future firmware versions will allow for harsh G-force detection (like assets being dropped or involved in accidents)
The D01 has enough flash to store over 25,000 data records, and will record information even when out of cellular coverage.
The flash memory is also used to store firmware updates, GPS aiding data, parameters and other important information.
The D01 can be remotely switched into Recovery Mode which switches the device to into “Live Tracking” mode – so that you can get your asset back!
Auto-APN allows the D01 to analyse the SIM card and select the correct APN details from a list that is pre-loaded in the device’s firmware. This means that the D01 can be shipped world-wide without requiring specialist setup for SIMs.
Text Message Setup
The D01 can also be sent text messages to setup the APN, and other details.
The D01 will track successfully where other devices just give up.
This fantastic technology allows the GPS to predict which satellites are in orbit above it and to dramatically reduce the time-to-first-fix of the GPS, and the overall performance of the GPS, especially in ‘urban canyon’ or forested environments
A future firmware version will allow for harsh G-force detection (like assets being dropped or involved in accidents) and report these to the server.
Device Management – OEM Server
All Datalink Techonlogies devices are fully managed Over-The-Air (OTA) via our OEM Server web interface. The OEM Server seamlessly manages:
- Device firmware – firmware updates can be done remotely
- Network (administrator) parameters relating to critical communications
- System parameters, including GPS parameters, IO configuration, logging options and general device behaviour settings
- GPS AssistNow Offline aiding data files
- Remote debugging of devices, including being able to trace data, view detailed debug message logs, and view a live trace of the server debug messages
- Remote disconnect and reboot of devices
- Driver list downloads to devices – this allows for the Driver Identification on the device to check if the RFID tag / username / PIN is valid, and for specific drivers to be allowed to drive / operate particular vehicles, for example based on licences or permits.
- Geo-fence syncing with the devices – this allows the device to do advanced in-cab alerting and monitoring such as geo-fence arrival and departure, speed limit alerting, dangerous intersection warnings, turn on warning lights inside a geo-fence, and disable communications inside intrinsically safe zones such as gas plants.
- Provides a command and message queueing platform to the devices and is incorporated into the remote management and debugging applications